Benefits of vitamins for strengthening defenses
Why is the immune system weakened?
Our immune system is made up of lymphocytes that protect the body against the invasion of antigens (bacteria, viruses, toxins, cancer cells, etc.). When an antigen is detected, antibody porteins are generated to destroy it. In addition, the immune system also produces phagocytosis (white blood cells destroy bacteria and other harmful substances). Thus, when our defenses are low, it is because the lymphocytes are not functioning normally or the necessary antibodies are not produced. There are many factors that weaken our immune system, such as cancer or HIV, but we must also bear in mind that our defenses are weakened by:
1. Insufficient sleep
2. Emotional states that are too intense and negative (such as depression or anxiety)
3. Feeding with too much sugars, additives, or refined foods
4. The aging
How to strengthen the immune system?
Knowing how our immune system works and why it weakens, it is vitally important to know how to strengthen it and increase our defenses. Here are the keys to this
- Sleep and rest as much as you need, with the excesses of excitement or caffeine, as they flap our sleep and the immune system's agents
- Exercise. Balancing it properly with our food and rest
- Eat yogurt or probiotics. Having healthy bacteria to strengthen the digestive system
- Hydrate ourselves. Drink water, discard toxins and transport nutrients
- Eating calories: nuts, vegetables, fruits, proteins, good fats. Necessary to create antibodies
- Taking vitamin A, C, B3, D supplements
- Medicinal plant supplements: echinacea, licorice, boldo or spirulina
- Eating bee food: honey, royal jelly or propolis
Thus, we see that it is important to have a good diet to increase the defenses in our body. More foods we can also add to our diet are ginger, garlic, green tea, chicken soup or spinach.